Sunday, December 9, 2007

Many Anniversaries


Friday, December 7, marked the 66th anniversary of the attack upon Pearl Harbor. It was also the 46th anniversary of the day I was born in Tampa, Florida. I began the day at the League of Women Voters, Pancake and Politics, with Florida House of Representative Keith Fitzgerald, and fellow birthday boy Representative Doug Holder. It was also Sarasota County Commissioner Jon Thaxton's birthday, but he wasn't there. From there I went to Cafe Bacci to address the Association of Private Investigators. That afternoon I collected petitions at the holiday party of my friends, attorneys Darren Finebloom and David Haenel. Next I walked over to Assesment and Psychotherapy Services to attend the party of Dr. Eddy Regnier. Finally, Regina and I finished the evening at the home of Mark and Jenny Famiglio for the Florida Association of Woman Lawyers holiday party. It was truly a memorable birthday!
Saturday, December 8, Regina and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. I cooked her breakfast before hitting the Democratic Club of Sarasota luncheon, where Jim McCartney gave an entertaining and informative talk. After a quick nap, we headed out to the friends of Myakka River State Park picnic and bluegrass party, where the the above self-portrait was taken. We then headed to the Palmer building for the Cattleman Association's dinner and dance. They provided an excellent meal, friendly people, and a great dance band for us to celebrate.
Earlier in the week I taped another episode of "Law and Sarasota," attended a fund-raiser for Florida Red and Blue, went to a Democratic pot-luck dinner in Cortez, attended the breakfast for the Mental Health Community Centers, and met a bunch of nice people from Riverwalk at George Spector's building party at 1800 2nd Street. This month I also celebrate my 23rd anniversary of working for the Public Defender's Office of the 12th Judicial Circuit, which means I officially have spent half my life there. Maybe I'll see you this week at Conexion Latina, the Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance, or the Manatee County Bar Association party.

No comments: