Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Goals For the Public Defender's Office

I was employed by our Public Defender’s Office for 23 years and had the opportunity to work extensively in our offices in Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto counties. I have a good understanding of the challenges of our local court system, and when I am elected, I will be making justice work by implementing the following:

IMPROVE LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR OUR CLIENTS
---Improve training of attorneys in the office;
--Hire more Spanish speaking attorneys and staff;
--Improve and expedite representation of clients in jail;
--Implement discharge planning for sentenced inmates to reduce recidivism.

COST EFFECTIVE ADMNISTRATION
--Work with Judges and Clerk’s to ensure we only represent the truly indigent;
--Closely monitor costs to make better use of available funds;
--Foster positive employee relations in the office and with the community;
--Be a voice for common sense on local criminal justice issues.

What else would you like to see me focus on? What experiences have you had with the Public Defender's Office? Drop me a line at Adam@Adam4pd.info.

No comments: